Need escalation - without DSL for 2 days, trouble ticket closed prematurely
laurenmadar

I have been without DSL service since before 7pm, 9/18.  The trouble ticket associated with that was {edited for privacy}.  

The issue was with the phone lines in the area.  The issue was resolved for most customers at 7pm, 9/19 but I still had no phone or DSL.  A technician was here this morning at 10am and said that whomever fixed the area issue mistakenly hooked up my wires to the wrong terminals.  He fixed that issue.

However, the techinican did not wait to check the internet and the ticket was closed prematurely.

I still have no DSL and called Verizon support back - and a new ticket was created with a repair estimate of Tuesday, 9/23!  I work from home several days a week and this is unacceptable.  The new ticket is {edited for privacy}.

It is unreal that a technician mistake is resulting in MORE days without internet connection.  The original ticket should not have been closed and I need this situation to be escalated, but the tech support people are limited to their scripts and testing the modem itself when that is not the issue.  I can be reached at {edited for privacy} or via my landline associated with the account.

0 Likes
Re: Need escalation - without DSL for 2 days, trouble ticket closed prematurely
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi laurenmadar,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes