Network Extender WCB6200Q
Spamoni41

I have the network extender WCB6200Q and have not had any real issues with the device with the exception of the following:

I am trying to setup My own IP scheme by going intot he Advanced Setup / Management tab.  When I uncheck the Auto Configure option and enter an IP / Subnet / Gateway, it does not seem to have any affect.  It always sticks with the self configrured settings. 

Is there a way for me to set my IP as I wish and not have it do an Auto Configure.  In addition, I want to try and stay away from creating a static IP on the Router for the extender's MAC address.

Another minor item:  How do I update the firmware?  It appears that Verizon has not updated the firmware in sometime and the vendor for the Extender (Actiontec) has indicated that Verizon Fios has requested not to share updated versions of the firmware.

Thanks 

0 Likes
Re: Network Extender WCB6200Q
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Why do you want extender to have a different subnet?

Verizon certifies router firmware.

I believe this is for consistent support purposes.

Is there something in particular you are looking for in update?

0 Likes
Re: Network Extender WCB6200Q
Spamoni41

I like to set my own IP for the routers and then the DHCP range starts at a higher number.  I minimize the amount of DHCP clients allowed on my network.  With that said, do you know if there are any problems with the extender which precludes one from setting up the configuration manually

0 Likes