New Computer & VISS
gls4

I'm getting a new desktop computer in a couple of days.  In anticipation of mothballing the old computer, I'm trying to figure out how to deactivate the VISS on it and to install/activate it on the new computer.  The Verizon site is so cumbersome (or I am so stupid) that I cannot find a ready protocol to make this happen. 

I have a 3 computer VISS limit and all three "licenses" are in use at present.  If I remove/uninstall the VISS software from the old computer, will I be able to install and activate the 3rd "license" VISS on the new computer?   Can anyone point me to pertinent instructions somewhere on Verizon's site?    Any help will be appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: New Computer & VISS
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Yes, if you go to the control panel and uninstall the software it will release one of your licenses. After doing that, you can install it on the new machine.

0 Likes
Re: New Computer & VISS
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Anthony_VZ wrote:

Yes, if you go to the control panel and uninstall the software it will release one of your licenses.

While I don't have VISS, to be more clear:

a) Using the computer's panel only?

b) Or using verzion website's control panel and then uninstall it in using the computer's control panel?

If using erzion website's control panel, where is that?

Thanks.

0 Likes