New PC and Verizon DSl
GLENNN1

Hello,

I am soon getting a new PC. I already have Verizon DSL on my old one. How do I connect the new PC to Verizon DSL?

0 Likes
Re: New PC and Verizon DSl
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

What modem/router do you currently have?

If you received a Gateway from Verizon that features Wireless, connecting the PC is as simple as connecting an Ethernet cable between the router and the network port on the PC. If you want to use Wireless, do not connect a cable but instead simply enter the Wireless key printed on a sticker at the bottom of your gateway into your wireless settings. Take note, older Gateways may not have the wireless key printed on them. We can find the key elsewhere. Also note that if your PC is within reach of the router with a cable, using a cable is going to be more reliable and secure than using a Wireless connection.

GLENNN1

Thanks for your reply.

I am currently using a ZOOM DSLX5 modem/router using an USB cable. It also has ethernet capabilities. I had to use a roouter with USB because my PC Ethernet port went bad. I still do have the modem supplied by Verizon ie: Actiontec Model GT784wnv. It does not however, have a workable usb port. The Verizon modem does have wireless capabilities ( which I don't think I wil be using.)

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@GLENNN wrote:

I had to use a roouter with USB because my PC Ethernet port went bad.

In that case, you can either:

a) replace the ethernet port

b) OR get an USB to ethernet adapter

0 Likes