New Service
DragonKnight

So I had FIOS scheduled to be installed back in march with an Install date in late April... ordered online and received a fee waiver for the install. Then Verizon canceled my install due to COVID-19 and I had to call them in June to reschedule. Finally got FIOS installed on July 2, 2020.

Customer service rep went through all the ordering service steps again and charged me $99 for the install. When I told him that my original order had the fee waived and I have the email to prove it, he promised to put a note in my account. He said to call back after I get my bill and it would be removed.

Two weeks later I get my bill. I call and turns out there is no note under my account. Lie # 1

I talked to a rep and he promised that he will talk to his supervisor and call me back today. Asked me if around 11:30 am - Noon would be ok. No problem.

No phone calls, emails, or texts received from Verizon today. Lie #2.

I was hoping on switching my other home to FIOS, but this kind of misrepresentation and poor customer service experience is just not worth the headache. I still have my old Optimum Service active, so switching back would be just a matter of plugging a different cable into my router.

Any suggestions on getting this resolved?

Kind of feels like I am dealing with an internal policy designed to alienate customers.

0 Likes
Re: New Service
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi DragonKnight,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary and may be delayed at this time. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes