OFFERED LOCAL TECH HELP WHEN ISSUE WITH VERIZON
Simk

Today, I was offered local tech support when i was talking to verizon tech support online. I told the tech several times that i have issue with the wifi and he told me that they do not guarantee Wifi issue and said everything is good on their end when i am clearing having issues here. I was told If i need to get wifi extender and have tech visit to fix the issue then there will charges. I declined to pay any charges for it then i was offered to contact any local tech to help me out even though there is an issue with Verizon. I mentioned that i didn't had issues with my old service provider and my wifi would work fine everywhere in the house. I also mentioned that the only option i have now is to switch back to old service provider since verizon cannot resolve my issue. Yet, tech was absolutly fine with it and said i'm sorry i couldn't resolve your problem and disconnected from chat. 

MY WORST EXPERICENCE WITH ANY TECH SUPPORT. 

I GUESS VERIZON IS FINE WITH CUSTOMERS LEAVING THEIR SERVICE.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: OFFERED LOCAL TECH HELP WHEN ISSUE WITH VERIZON
JustinG1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have TV service with Verizon as well?

Verizon Internet service is a fantastic product. Its WiFi that is at fault here, not Verizon. Although their router does have less than desirable performance when it comes to wireless.

I asked if you have TV service because if not, you can purchase your own router (or something like an Orbi mesh system if you have a large house) and you would have a  much better wireless experience. Installing it is pretty simple, simply unplug the WAN port going to your Verizon router and plug it into your new personal router.

Regardless as others have stated no provider can guarantee you good WiFi performance, they can only gaurantee you a good hardwired network connection. 

View solution in original post

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

No vendor will guarantee WiFi coverage or performance.

What type of issue are you having?

If you have an adroid device, download an app call wifi analyzer.

It can help diagnose wifi issues.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Your post doesn’t really say much.

your other provider you had no WiFi issues. On cable you use a modem on Fios they use routers only. Now WiFi on cable normally is customer provider router attached to modem. I did this for many years. 

The FiOS Quantum Gateway is junk and way below a real powerful router put out by Asus or Netgear or archer which have external WiFi radios with beam forming technology. The Quantum has internal radios which have terrible coverage so Verizon sells you extenders.

just get a better router and you should have better coverage.

0 Likes
JustinG1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have TV service with Verizon as well?

Verizon Internet service is a fantastic product. Its WiFi that is at fault here, not Verizon. Although their router does have less than desirable performance when it comes to wireless.

I asked if you have TV service because if not, you can purchase your own router (or something like an Orbi mesh system if you have a large house) and you would have a  much better wireless experience. Installing it is pretty simple, simply unplug the WAN port going to your Verizon router and plug it into your new personal router.

Regardless as others have stated no provider can guarantee you good WiFi performance, they can only gaurantee you a good hardwired network connection. 

jonjones1
Legend

Don’t forget in all that simplicity the customer has to release the “DHCP” first, quickly unplug the Verizon router so it does not get another dns connection.

then start up the customer provided router then plug the ethernet from the ONT into the WAN port of the customer provided router. 😀

0 Likes