One time charges
torresnewark1

Hi,
I have been a long time Verizon customer mainly wireless service for my family. I recently moved and decided to give Verizon fios a try after being a long time cable customer it was a tough decisions since cable would of ended up being a bit more economical but I wanted to try    something new and a neighbor  suggested it. I did my online quote and order and it conveniently gave me a snap shot of what my monthly bill would be. It also states that setup was free which I took as installation cost in general but apparently that was not  true . In everything I read nothing was mentioned about additional fees for any jack or outlet installation. The tech arrived and mentioned that Verizon records stated I had a connection but  when he arrived I didn't have one. He  explain he would have to run lines and a box but never did he mention any additional charges for this service. I was under the impression that this was part of the setup process. The tech  finally finishes and later I receive an  updated bill with over 300 plus in fees after it's all said and done it will be over 400$ in one time charges. I was shock by this since if this was communicated I would of weighed my options and  possibly not approved the installation to begin with. It is extremely disappointing that Verizon would have these type of surprise business practices in place. It is unfair to the  customer if they are not provided all the information needed to make a decision on a large purchase such as this. Over the life of the contract I will have paid over $5000. While I  understand the tech provided a service I don't feel like I should be on the hook for the entire one time charges. This experience has changed my view of Verizon and its customer service I  called and just got transferred around for over an hour which led to me being more frustrated then Before I actually called. I plan to cancel my Verizon wireless service in the near future as  well as weigh my options with getting out the of the fios contract as well communicating my experiences through various social media outlets to ensure the potential customers are  aware of how Verizon surprises its customers. I hope you can do right by a loyal customer and help resolve this issue.

0 Likes
Re: One time charges
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi torresnewark,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes