Online Backup / Sharing Tool will not let me log in
MJ-Also
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am trying to set up the online backup and sharing, using the downloaded software for a Mac running OS 10.7.3.  I have installed, activated, etc, etc, etc.  HOWEVER, the desktop tool will not accept any combination of ID and password, including the Primary Account ID and password under which online backup and sharing was purchased.  I have re-downloaded, re-installed, and re-started multiple times, and continue to get "invalid user name or password".

What is the trick I'm missing here?  Which ID and Password does this beaties want?

MJ

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Online Backup / Sharing Tool will not let me log in
MJ-Also
Enthusiast - Level 2

After chasing through online chats and two phone calls, the answer is: the download software doesn't work with OS 10.7 -- would have been nice to know that up front.  Their plans to upgrade to support 10.7 are 'some time this year'. 

MSJ

View solution in original post

MJ-Also
Enthusiast - Level 2

After chasing through online chats and two phone calls, the answer is: the download software doesn't work with OS 10.7 -- would have been nice to know that up front.  Their plans to upgrade to support 10.7 are 'some time this year'. 

MSJ

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm curious if booting OS X Lion using the 32-bit Kernel will help work around this issue. I know one thing that does make Lion different from a Snow Leopard or a Leopard Mac is that the 32-bit Kernel is loaded by default. Try shutting your Mac down, and then powering it back up while holding the 3 and the 2 key down on your keyboard at the same time. Once you're about to reach the desktop, let go of the keys and try loading the Online Backup tool to see if it behaves any differently.

0 Likes
MJ-Also
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have already canceled the service ... if it won't run clean and pretty immediately after installing, I don't want it.  I'm now using DropBox, which did everything I want on the first try.  The only thing left to do is to uninstall all the Verizon junk.  MJ

0 Likes