Over a month and still no internet connection solution
orangegilkey5
Enthusiast - Level 1

It has been over a month since I've moved into my new house, which was actually during the strike. Shortly after that, they got me activated, since my activation date was during the strike, so it never got turned on. The internet goes in and out all day everyday. After having to troubleshoot time after time and them not calling me back when they said they would, they finally sent someone out to take a look over a week ago. The guy didn't even need to come in. He said it was something outside, nothing to do with my home.  He said the main network people would have to take a look and they will let me know what's what. Well, that was 10 days ago and I've heard nothing. I sent an email asking for a status update, and the reply 3 days later just referred me to troubleshooting tips. These poeple are impossible to work with. Phone calls take forever (time I do not have) to get to talk to a person, and most times when I call, they do not see the history of my issues for some reason. I just want my internet to work! When my first bill comes, I am refusing to pay it, as I have not had working service yet. Maybe when they aren't getting their money, they will fix my issue. I am so frustrated right now. I'm hoping someone from Verizon will see this post and help me out.

Re: Over a month and still no internet connection solution
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

What modem did Verizon supply you with? Could you supply the Transceiver Statistics from the modem for us to see if thart shows information on why your connection is dropping?

0 Likes
orangegilkey5
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm not home right now, but I know the modem is a Westell 7500.

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

When you ger home, do the following:

Visit http://192.168.1.1/ and choose System Monitoring, pick Advanced Monitors, and then Transceiver Statistics. Copy and paste the information you see. If you are prompted for a login, try the following:

admin/password

admin/password1

admin/admin

admin/admin1

admin/Your Modem serial number

0 Likes
Poochi1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am in the same boat. I waited for 2 weeks after self installation(for whatever archaic reason that it takes so long). Now it has been 8+ days since activation and I haven't seen a blimp in my internet connection. First they sent over a guy to check the line and said it is a central office problem(I took the day off to stay home for this!). I was told it should be fixed in few hours. Nothing happened, so when I called the next day(Saturday) apparently they can't do **bleep** during weekend due to a outtage. I called again today, and the tech support guy said he needs to check with the central office. But he kept trying for 15 minutes and no one picked up the phone. And that does it for me, it has been 20+ days without internet!! I am cancelling and moving to Time Warner Cable, unless something magical happens before I get home. What a {word filter avoidance}waste of time!

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry you are having difficulty with your installation.  An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account  for more information or help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
Poochi1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am not sure if this was a reply to my comment. But I didn't hear from anybody. I did call again to check. But, I was asked to stay home again for another visit from the tech. Sorry, I don't see how another visit is going to help and honestly I got no more days to spare for this. I cancelled the service late last night.

It seems to me that Verizon is spending all it's energy on FIOS and ignoring DSL. Almost all of the people I spoke with were nice, but too bad they aren't competent enough to solve my issues for so long. 

Adios Verizon and any of your product I won't use in the future...!

milhaus_vz
Contributor - Level 1

Poochi -

Thank you for posting on our forums.  We are going to help get this service up and running for you.  I'm sending you a DM so that we can get your account information.

^MRM

0 Likes
milhaus_vz
Contributor - Level 1

orangegilkey5,

We can help get this resolved for you.  I have sent you a PM so that we can start the repairs.  Thank you for using our forums.

^MRM

0 Likes