Re: POST YOUR SLOW DOWNLOAD OR UPLOAD SPEED
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Couple of comments:

1) Make sure you are connected via ethernet and no other devices are active.

2) Run test to speedtest.verizon.net. That will test your connection to internal Verizon server.

If that test meets your subscribed service, then there is no problem with your connection.

Any other tests take in to account peering points that may have issues that may or may not be Verizon's issue.

0 Likes
Neocrafter

I have FIOS 75/75 plan, and this is what I am getting every night from 8 PM to 11 PM since last week.  Pretty much useless for online gaming.  And after contacting verizon 3 times, no change.   They sent a Tech over in the morning to look over things, of course found no problem since it's not bettwen 8 pm and 11 pm.  And he replaced the box outside my house anyhow, it made no difference, download is pretty much useless every night until 11 pm like clockwork.  Maybe if they send someone over at the time when this is occuring, they might be able to actually SEE the problem.

Analysis information:

WEB100 Enabled Statistics:
Checking for Middleboxes . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  Done
checking for firewalls . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  Done
running 10s outbound test (client-to-server [C2S]) . . . . . 76.92Mb/s
running 10s inbound test (server-to-client [S2C]) . . . . . . 2.03Mb/s

------  Client System Details  ------
OS data: Name = Windows 7, Architecture = x86, Version = 6.1
Java data: Vendor = Oracle Corporation, Version = 1.8.0_45

------  Web100 Detailed Analysis  ------
622 Mbps OC-12 link found.
Link set to Full Duplex mode
No network congestion discovered.
Good network cable(s) found
Warning: Old Duplex mismatch condition detected: 
Web100 reports the Round trip time = 23.66 msec; the Packet size = 1460 Bytes; and 
There were 78 packets retransmitted, 234 duplicate acks received, and 285 SACK blocks received
The connection stalled 2 times due to packet loss
The connection was idle 0.45 seconds (4.09%) of the time
S2C throughput test: Packet queuing detected: 91.51%
This connection is sender limited 2.87% of the time.
This connection is network limited 97.13% of the time.
Excessive packet loss is impacting your performance, check the auto-negotiate function on your local PC and network switch

Web100 reports TCP negotiated the optional Performance Settings to: 
RFC 2018 Selective Acknowledgment: ON
RFC 896 Nagle Algorithm: ON
RFC 3168 Explicit Congestion Notification: OFF
RFC 1323 Time Stamping: OFF
RFC 1323 Window Scaling: ON
Current Send Buffer 255 Kbyte 
Current Receive Buffer 8 Kbyte 
Display Name = Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface MTU = 1280
Display Name = Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #3 MTU = 1280
Display Name = Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #9 MTU = 1280
Display Name = BFTN.L1F% MTU = 1500
Display Name = Microsoft ISATAP Adapter MTU = 1280
Display Name = VMware Virtual Ethernet Adapter for VMnet1 MTU = 1500
Display Name = VMware Virtual Ethernet Adapter for VMnet8 MTU = 1500

Server 'resfiosspeed2.west.verizon.net' is not behind a firewall. [Connection to the ephemeral port was successful]
Client is probably behind a firewall. [Connection to the ephemeral port failed]
Packet size is preserved End-to-End
Information: Network Middlebox is modifying Window scaling option
Server IP addresses are preserved End-to-End
Information: Network Address Translation (NAT) box is modifying the Client's IP address

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Neocrafter,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Riles2461

I am on the 25/25 plan.  I get speeds as low as 0.5 mbps during the middle of the day on weekday (not a typo, actually less than 128 kilobytes per second).  Last night our VOD was acting up so I ran a speed test and I was at 7 mbps (again, less than 900 kilobytes per second).  They've already sent a tech out once and replaced the router once, all to no avail.

Whenever I call, they recommend that I upgrade to the 50/50 or the 75/75.  Laughable, because they can't even get 1mbps to my home on many days yet they want me to pay for 75mbps.  I'm actually debating having XFINITY come and install a separate internet line for $29/mo because my verizon internet is useless.

I don't have the Verizon TOS handy- can I get out of my contract without an ETF if they can't actually provide the services I've paid for?

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon only guarantees your access speed.

Run via ethernet connection with no other Internet activites going to speedtest.verizon.net

If you do not get your subscribed speed, you can use that data to open a support case.

If you are getting it, then it is a network issue (maybe Verizon maybe not) but they don't offer guarantees on that.

0 Likes
LarryTX1

I am on a 75/75 plan.   I have been getting 84/84 for a long time.   Currently I still get the same download speed but upload speeds vary greatly.   During business hours, 8-4, I can get normal download/upload speeds but after that I get anything from 1 to 25 for upload with download staying the same.  This is with a wired connection on a desktop and 2 wired laptops.  I have the Actiontec Rev I.   Many times the test will time out.   I have spoken to Verizon for over 6 hours in the last 10 days.  First response was the NIC cards were bad.   All 3 of them.   Then I was told to take readings throughout the day for 7 days and get back with them.   Then I was told that it's my Java that casuses the problem.    Weekends are slow around the clock.  I have reset the router, reset IE 11, deleted Java and reinstalled current version.  I finally got Java verified using Firefox.   Verizon's Optimizer states "Your PC is already optimized".   Verizon has rebooted my ONT and says all is well on their end.  They will not help me further until I can get their Network Diagnostic Tool to work.   It only states "Testing in progress..." and all steps are Not started.   Verizon refuses to help anymore until this is resolved but they don't have a resolution for me.   I have searched for 2 days trying to find a solution online and have come up empty.   I know there are some brilliant minds reading this forum and someone will have the trick I need.   I've worked on it so long I have blinders on and am probably missing something very simple.  Any and all help is appreciated.  Thanks in advance for tips and advice.  BTW, I only noticed the slow upload about 2 weeks ago.

0 Likes
LarryTX1

It turns out the brilliant mind I was searching for happened to be my own.   I have resolved the issue of NDT not running.   Then I was able to prove to the "verizon supervisors" that they were wrong and the problem was on their end.    Finally got a technian out and he backed me up and my speeds are back to normal.

0 Likes
Neocrafter

Sadly, in my case Verizon claims "It is an upstream congestion issue during peak traffic times and a gateway router is slated to be upgraded to alleviate the issue but our engineers are unable to provide an ETA for that equipment upgrade."

So they know there is a problem, they just don't know when it can/will be fixed......so now I can't really play much online games during 8pm - 11pm EST.  Maybe it's time to switch back to Cox I guess.

0 Likes
Kestrel3
Contributor - Level 2

Neocrafter wrote:

Verizon claims "It is an upstream congestion issue during peak traffic times and a gateway router is slated to be upgraded to alleviate the issue but our engineers are unable to provide an ETA for that equipment upgrade." 

Interesting that Verizon finally admitted to this being the issue.  A lot of people with this problem (slowdowns during peak hours) have suspected that this is the root cause of the issue, but Verizon never admits that their system is basically oversold and can't handle the traffic that it should be able to.

Trying to get anyone to even acknowledge that the problem exists is the first difficult step, so getting this statement is amazing, but getting them to fix it is another issue entirely.

0 Likes
Kestrel3
Contributor - Level 2

Also interesting that last night during peak hours, Verizon speed test showed good speeds, but Verizon Network Diagnostic Tools showed that my upload speed was half what it should be.  Why is there a discrepancy?

0 Likes