Port Direction Definition? (and got port forward to work in medium security!)
htiwatchmaker

I just received my replacement modem (327W to 7500) and I want to set it to medium security.  I need to forward ports, like UDP 123 for time service (why is this not a predefined service?).

Anyway, I got it to work by making one new service with "host" and all three combinations of direction as rules.  This is because I could not figure out the implications of Direction: In/Out or Port Direction:Src/Dst.

I downloaded the manual BUT it does not define those choices; just sez select.  It reminds me of the old IBM Fortran manuals where you could only find what you needed if you already knew the answer.

Anyway, I am sure I am not the only one with this question.  Like I said, the good news is you CAN port forward in medium security, it just ain't pretty the way I did it.

Regards,

Dewey

0 Likes
Re: Port Direction Definition? (and got port forward to work in medium security!)
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
Re: Port Direction Definition? (and got port forward to work in medium security!)
htiwatchmaker

No, but thanks.  It is the guide that I said above just tells you to select an optopn without defineing those terms.  Hence, my question about what SRC and DST under port direction mean.

Regards,

Dewey

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Oh, ok.

src=Source.

DST = Destination.

0 Likes