Print across 2.4ghz and 5ghz networks on G1100?
slnyc
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same issue with an HP Color LaserJet MFP M277dw.  I can print from the 2.4Ghz network which the printer is connected, but not from the 5GHz connection.  I do have two Verizon WifI range extenders (the MoCA ones) but it doesn't seem to matter where I'm connected, same issue.  When I reboot all the routers it seems to work but then I'm limited again within a few hours which makes me even more concerned!  Anyone experiencing similar?  

0 Likes
Re: Print across 2.4ghz and 5ghz networks on G1100?
jonjones1
Legend

@slnyc wrote:

I'm having the same issue with an HP Color LaserJet MFP M277dw.  I can print from the 2.4Ghz network which the printer is connected, but not from the 5GHz connection.  I do have two Verizon WifI range extenders (the MoCA ones) but it doesn't seem to matter where I'm connected, same issue.  When I reboot all the routers it seems to work but then I'm limited again within a few hours which makes me even more concerned!  Anyone experiencing similar?  

The. Quantum routers are at present having 5 Ghz connectivity issues. However the printer may just use 2.4 Ghz and not the higher 5 Ghz .

the 5 Ghz is for faster connections but it is limited in distance. 

I am using up to date Canon Pixima and Epson all in ones and they print just fine.

personally when you see a service chart claiming 100 ppm in black or 75 ppm in color the connection of WiFi channels really is not that important. 

When the printer is plugged in the speed I believe comes from the printer spooler itself and not the WiFi 

0 Likes
Africa
slnyc
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is not an issue about speed.  The 5Ghz network is working correctly and has full internet access from other devices.  The 2.4Ghz network is working just fine as well.  It appears that I can't ping or access any devices across the two networks.  Its as if there is no bridge.  I can see all the devices connected in the router admin page.  I can also join the same network and then ping all the devices that are connected to that network.

0 Likes
Re: Africa
jonjones1
Legend

So just what is the issue?

is it printing? If so you have no issue.

printers can either use 2.4 or 5.0 Ghz it’s totally dependent on the device.

0 Likes