Problems With Customer Support
doc9111

I just spent 4.5 hours trying to get my account number with verizon services.  I was transferred between their wireless and fios division a dozen times.  Every time I begged for an answer to this simple question, I was transferred instantly.

Ultimately I got my info after 45 minutes on webchat with "Rakesh".

I am now trying to figure out what I need to do to get an upgraded router, as I just upgraded my speed to 75/35, but now cant use it with any of my wireless devices.  Does verizon provide this free of charge with my upgrade to the new plan, or am I expected to fork over more money?

I was thinking about upgrading to triple play but cant imagine entrusting all of these services with a company with such poor customer service.  Hoffitying and maddening.

0 Likes
Re: Problems With Customer Support
Hubrisnxs
Legend

It's not free, you have to buy it. 

https://teleproducts.verizon.com/fios/

If you are over 100 MB then it's free.  Under 100 mb's it's not free.

0 Likes
doc9111

What do you mean "over 100mg"?  

Thanks

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Well my speed is 35/35  that means 35 mb 

They offer speeds over 100mb and you would have to get one of those plans to get the wireless n router as part of the offer.

They do 150 mb and also 300 mb   they are called FiOS Quantum speeds

0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1

Doc911,

I'd recommend going out and purchasing your own router if your hooked up through ethernet...however getting the quantum speeds of 300 I believe you will need to be on ethernet as the coax can't handle speeds like that...I think coax isgoing to only allow a pass through of  150 MB

0 Likes