Problems with Westell 6100. Blinking DSL light, Internet Light off
CWalston108

Ok so the other day I came home and the internet was down. I changed the phone jack and the internet worked fine for a few hours.  Then while surfing the web the internet went down.  I changed the phone jack again, but the internet still did not work.  I plugged a phone into the jack and it works great. 

I have tried resetting the modem, unplugging it, and trying it at another jack in my house, none of which worked. 

have a Westell model 6100 modem. The power and ethernet are all solid green, the DSL is flashing green, and the Internet is not lit at all. 

Is there any easy way to tell if it is my modem? Also can you recommend a good modem as I was planning to upgrade soon. I also plan to purchase an apple timecapsule, so I would like it to be able to work with it.

EDIT: I just turned the modem off and then on again, and the DSL light is solid but there is still no internet 

0 Likes
Re: Problems with Westell 6100. Blinking DSL light, Internet Light off
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Usually this isn't the fault of the modem, unless perhaps, it was hit by lightning or damaged in a surge. If you have a landline, are you hearing any static on the line? If yes, does the Static go away when the DSL modem is shut off?

0 Likes
CWalston108

No there was no static on the line.  I bought a new modem today, hooked it up and everything is working fine.  Thanks!

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Well, glad to hear it was just the modem. That makes it easy 🙂

0 Likes