Problems with customer service regarding fees and credits
EandGWZ
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thought I would post to board to verify if someone ever had a similar experience.

I started with verizon's lowest HSP plan at 24.99. I was getting speeds of .25 to .50. It became unbearable so I decided to cancel my plan after about 6 months and try comcast. I called comcast and was told the install fee would be 99 dollars. I called Verizon and told them I would like to stay with them and upgrade to their highest plan. I was told once you cancel you have to wait until you are disconnected and then apply for a whole new account.

I called {edited for privacy} in their Scranton office after my plan was cancelled and she indicated that the fee would be waived. Several days later my service was started but I was not able to connect. Verizon sent out a tech about a week later and he indicated that their was a problem on the line with a loose cable. The tech who came to my home was great, I'm getting 8mps plus!

I called on 11/4/11 to remind verizon that the activation fee should be waived and that the service start date needed to be adjusted to when I actually started receiving service. I actually did this every time prior to verizon's decision to send a tech to my home. I always cancelled about 40 dollars worth of services that were bundled with plan.

Of coarse, I receive my billed and nothing was fixed. I call customer service on 11/14/11 to kindly ask for a credit and the agent stated that she found it "unfathomable" that my service just stopped working after I cancelled suggesting that I was trying to scam 7 days of service. In reference to getting a credit for "service and activation" she wanted to know the details of my old account just to make sure I had paid the installation fee on my old account and didn't have a balance.

If anybody works for verizon and cares about customer service feel free to message me so you can review our conversation. It was utterly frustating.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Problems with customer service regarding fees and credits
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Verizon support is in receipt of this issue. We will send you a PM to gather additional information.

Thanks,

Tonya D.

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

View solution in original post

ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello EandGWZ

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or help you resolve your issue.

TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Verizon support is in receipt of this issue. We will send you a PM to gather additional information.

Thanks,

Tonya D.

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

EandGWZ
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank You Tonya and Elizabeth for your support. Problem Solved. This community is great!

0 Likes