Quantum Gateway 5ghz wifi stopped working?
Rosannhly
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the Fios triple play installed 3 weeks ago and everything worked perfectly for the first week or so.  After that the 5Ghz wifi no longer works on any of my devices, the 5ghz network option shows up and connects but I can only use it for about 2 minutes before the connection goes dead.

I know it's not a hardware issue because I just recieved a replacement G1100 today and I'm having the same exact problem.  The 2.4Ghz option works fine, as does a wired connection, only the 5ghz wifi is having issues.

It's not because I'm too far away as I'm less than 15 feet from the router.  It is not a hardware issue because it worked perfectly for the first week on my last G1100.  I have rebooted, reset my ONT, factory reseted the router, turned off dfs channels, tried to autocorrect my service through my tv, have tried changing the DNS server settings, and spent an hour with tech support yesterday troubleshooting.  

Looking at the advanced logs I keep seeing this error over and over again:

lighttpd[1524]err<11>(connections.c.1746) SSL: 1 -1 error:140E0197:SSL routines:SSL_shutdown:shutdown while in init

What can I do at this point?   I have read a few posts here from people who are describing the same problem I am, is there any way to notify verizon?  I just want something that was working fine to work fine again.

0 Likes
Re: Quantum Gateway 5ghz wifi stopped working?
jonjones1
Legend

I see you have tv etc as well. However you can get your own router like a asus or Netgear and a MOCA adapter and then hook yourself up for better wifi etc.

if you are on ethernet it is a simple switch from one router to your personal owned one.

after you are up and running simply return the Quantum router and get a signed receipt from verizon fios for its return. You save $144 a year. With the costs being higher with buying your own router and adapter you will not be saving a load of money but in the years to come you will be.

best of luck 

KennyAt
Enthusiast - Level 1

Have been using both 2.4 & 5, depending on the device. Starting mid morning today the 5 GHz went away. All devices using 2.4 are still working but those configured only for 5 GHz have no connection. What would make 5 GHz go away? If I try to reconnect, the 5 GHz option is no longer available.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Hopefully you did not activate the Self Organizing Network (SON) on the Router or through the app settings. If so turn it off now. You don’t need it and it is causing problems with plenty of customers.

Krys11

That worked for me thanks

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

My pleasure

0 Likes