Return old router
--

I have been using FIOS 500/500 since that came out and obviously I'm on the "gigabit" plan now since it's half the price.

I use my own router.

I got sent the new G1100 router which all I've done with cloned the MAC address, but otherwise won't be used. Included is label that says I should send back the old router, except I've got like two old Actiontec routers all still in the boxes. Can I send all these back to Verizon or do I need to figure out which one corresponds with my "old" service?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Return old router
jonjones1
Legend

@-- wrote:

I have been using FIOS 500/500 since that came out and obviously I'm on the "gigabit" plan now since it's half the price.

I use my own router.

I got sent the new G1100 router which all I've done with cloned the MAC address, but otherwise won't be used. Included is label that says I should send back the old router, except I've got like two old Actiontec routers all still in the boxes. Can I send all these back to Verizon or do I need to figure out which one corresponds with my "old" service?

I would call Verizon and see what router was originally associated with your account.

you could go to a Verizon Fios store and bring them in with you. Have the store look up the router associated with your account. Then give it back to them as a return and get a receipt. Get a receipt (I cannot stress this enough so as to not have issues later)

Good Luck

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Return old router
jonjones1
Legend

@-- wrote:

I use my own router.

I would call Verizon and see what router was originally associated with your account.

you could go to a Verizon Fios store and bring them in with you. Have the store look up the router associated with your account. Then give it back to them as a return and get a receipt. Get a receipt (I cannot stress this enough so as to not have issues later)

Good Luck

0 Likes