Returning a replaced modem
doxideb
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've had to replace my modem at least once a year, and it's never without problems. A pre-paid return label was supposed to be included but it wasn't. What is the address where I'm supposed to send it? Verizon is slow at everything elso, but extremely fast at billing for modems that they SAY they haven't received within 30 days.

Re: Returning a replaced modem
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

For what reason are you requesting a new modem every year for? I've had the same modem (Westell C90-6100) for 5 years and it hasn't been a problem at all. Most of the issues with the DSL service tend to be either network related, either with the copper network not being in the best of shape or with congestion on the CO end of things. If you're having any trouble at all, just ask here and we'll get to the bottom of it.

I wouldn't happen to know the address to ship the modem off to. If Verizon never provided a return label, I would say it is safe to assume that they do not want the modem back, though I would keep asking phone support to send a return label to you to ensure you aren't billed for having the modem. if they absolutely do not want it back, keep the old one around as a spare in case something does happen to your current one, such as damage from lightning which can happen.

Re: Returning a replaced modem
doxideb
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don't request a new modem for any other reason than that the one I have stops working. It shorts out and I lose my internet connection. I have the ActionTec model.

I know for a fact that they want the modem returned; it was made clear to me that I would be billed $100 if it is not returned. Thus I would recommend that you refrain from making assumptions and advising customers like me to do something other than what I was told originally. As far as calling customer service, I rarely reach one who speaks English as their first language. After several attempts, I've resorted to trying to find the information online.

0 Likes