Router, Ethernet Cables, Coaxial Cable
REO2

Verizon recently sent a technician to my home to replace a defective or dead battery on a finished basement wall.  I did not receive an invoice so I do not know exactly what the tecnician did.  A few weeks later I upgraded my leased Verizon router.  No instructions came with the new router, splitter, and ethernet cables so I did the best I could to install the equipment.

As a result of these two Verizon interventions, I now have two ethernet cables coming out of the wall in one of my basement rooms, crossing the room, going up the wall and through a window into an adjoining room, and plugging into a 5G router.  The router is also connected by coax cable to a cable outlet in the same room.  The last time I called Verizon tech support, the technician assured me that the router needed to be connected to both the ethernet cables and the coax cable.

1.  Is the technician correct?

2.  The battery box on my basement wall is bad enough, but the exposed ethernet cabling is unacceptable.  It should be fished through the wall.  Who can I get to do this for me (Verizon?  an electrician?) and at whose expense?

3.  Could I possibly move the router from its current location in a former basement office to the main floor living room, next to a panel TV?  What would be involved to accomplish this, who would perform the work, and at whose expense?

4.  Who do I have to talk to at Verizon to get invoices for work performed for me, especially work in my home?

5.  Does anyone have an email address for Verizon so I can pose these questions directly to it?

0 Likes
Re: Router, Ethernet Cables, Coaxial Cable
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Hi REO,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent.  Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support.  You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page.  Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes