Router Speed Test vs Device Speed Test.
streetw0lf

I have the 1Gb package.  Running the Router Speed Test I get speeds of ~940/~940.  Running the Device Speed Test I get ~900/940.  Which speed test is more accurate?  I am guessing that the Router test only goes as far as my router while the Device test makes it to my computer.  If this is the case what slows down the Device test?  I have the Quantum router.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Router Speed Test vs Device Speed Test.
jonjones1
Legend

The router speed test is on Verizon's proprietary network. Those numbers are higher because it's not actually going out to the net and it's congestion and slow downs.

device test results are iffy. Depending on your devices and their chipsets, radios, locations in the home can and will be slower. What you are testing is your speeds to your router from your devices. The first test is from Verizon's servers to your home router. Speeds will vary.

you have some very good numbers if what you posted is correct. 

View solution in original post

jonjones1
Legend

The router speed test is on Verizon's proprietary network. Those numbers are higher because it's not actually going out to the net and it's congestion and slow downs.

device test results are iffy. Depending on your devices and their chipsets, radios, locations in the home can and will be slower. What you are testing is your speeds to your router from your devices. The first test is from Verizon's servers to your home router. Speeds will vary.

you have some very good numbers if what you posted is correct. 

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes