Security Issues
kmifflin

Hi !!  If I am having repeated issues with my wireless connection, and service who do I contact ??  I live in North Philadelphia {edited for privacy} and would like a Verizon technican to come out and check my service connections

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Security Issues
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. If you are having an issue with your Verizon service, you can use the Verizon Troubleshooter to fix and report issues with your Verizon Phone, FiOS TV, or Internet Service, as well as to schedule a repair, here is the link:
http://www.verizon.com/repair
You can find tools on the Verizon Residential Support page that may help you diagnose your issue:
http://www22.verizon.com/residentialhelp

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

@kmifflin wrote:

Hi !!  If I am having repeated issues with my wireless connection, and service who do I contact ??  I live in North Philadelphia {edited for privacy} and would like a Verizon technican to come out and check my service connections

Without providing any personal details that may jeopardize your privacy, can you be a little more specific about what the issues are that you're having?

If it's something generic there may be a fellow user here who can offer some help. 

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you believe you're having security issues with your Wi-Fi, you may want to move your router to use WPA2 encryption over the default of WEP, if you do not have an ActionTec MI424WR Rev. I (GEN3). WEP is rediculously easy to break into, whereas WPA2 is considered near uncrackable in the general stance except by Brute Force.

See Verizon's guide on getting WPA2 enabled: http://www22.verizon.com/support/residential/internet/fiosinternet/networking/setup/security/125521....

dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Smith6612 wrote:

except by Brute Force.

Or by using Malware to steal the info from your computer...

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@dslr595148 wrote:

@Smith6612 wrote:

except by Brute Force.

Or by using Malware to steal the info from your computer...

Or that too 🙂 I've not seen too much of that.

0 Likes
AnnieBananas

I am having repeated issued with my phone ringing only once.  When I look at the number on the phone printout, it belongs to me and my phonenumber shows.  Verizon says it's a spoof.  How do I stop  this???

Thanks,

AnnieBananas

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can't for now.
There are processes ongoing to validate the callerid info.
Once those are in place, you will at least be notified that the call coming is is not a valid callerid.

Your home phone is easy to spot, but others not so much.

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes