Service Lynchburg VA area
Scarzo
Enthusiast - Level 1

Service is horrible, Which is not good for Verizon, I myself am looking for alternatives for my home and business, Business has 4 locations...5 accounts total to leave Verizon as quickly as possible.

Their Tech Support is the worst, All seems to be sourced out to some third world country.

Connection is good late at night, But during daytime/evening hours, Its drop constantly.

Here are the most recent results from pinging google.

Reply from 74.125.93.147: bytes=32 time=21ms TTL=52
Request timed out.
Reply from 74.125.93.147: bytes=32 time=20ms TTL=52
Request timed out.
Reply from 74.125.93.147: bytes=32 time=22ms TTL=52
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Reply from 74.125.93.147: bytes=32 time=67ms TTL=52
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Yet Verizon does not see a problem when the ping modem..This is a replacement modem btw.

Hint Verizon, Its not on my end, Hire some real Network Engineers to get you crappy network in working order again.

People in Lynchburg, Stay away from Verizon...If you must have DSL, I would recommed nTelos

Re: Service Lynchburg VA area
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is the packet loss you're seeing consistent when you ping the Verizon edge router? You can find the IP to that in a traceroute. It's the first hop outside of your network (192.168.1.* if plugged into the modem directly). Does anyone else see issues with their DSL in your area?

If you'd like, I can get you to someone who can see where the problem is in the Verizon CO. They should be able to help you out if all other methods do fail.

Re: Service Lynchburg VA area
tdjk
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had problems with Verzizon DSL wireless  for 3 years.  The customer service was in India and they never did solve the problem.  They sent me a total of 5 wireless modems during that 3 year span.  I was alway losing my connection or had a very slow connection.  They kep telling me that it was a "bad" modem, so they kept sending me "new" modems.  Of course, it was always the same type of modem that they were sending.  I even asked for a different type of modem and they said that this modem was the only one they could send me.   Finally I demanded that a service rep come to my house and fix the problem.  The service rep was a lifesaver.  He told me that the modems that Verizon is providing everyone is crap.  I needed to go to Best Buy or Walmart and buy the modem they have available for Verizon DSL.  Since I bought that modem, I have had no trouble.  The modem works great now!  The bad thing about this whole fiasco was that I had to buy the modem with my own money.  Verizon would not credit me the cost.  It was $80.