Slow Internet Speeds
FUbanker

My family has had verizon internet since it was first availible in our area and has always performed pretty well. I was usually able to play any game I wanted online if one person was online but no more. I went to college and had crazy internet speeds and now that I've graduated and come home, it seems like the speed is worse than ever. A couple of examples, I cant play any games at all. Updates or downloads on my xbox take hours or even days, yes days. Youtube has to buffer and buffer. Facebook videos on my feed have to buffer and buffer. Tried to find an instant chat on here with a representative and couldnt find anything. Does anyone have any recommendations for me? 

0 Likes
Re: Slow Internet Speeds
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 What is the brand and model of your modem?

#2 If you have a RJ-45 WAN port router connected to it: What is the brand and model of it?

0 Likes
Re: Slow Internet Speeds
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you able to share a speed test with us?

Chances are good that, since you've returned, the DSL network has been induated with streaming, IoT, and gaming traffic, but hasn't been upgraded to accomondate the load. A lot of points the DSL network relies on are also getting old, some points are rotting away due to a lack of maintenance.

Has anyone else noticed the same performance issues at home? Just making sure it's not the inevitable effect of going from a Fiber connection (Universities) to a DSL connection.

0 Likes