Slow Internet... but only between 3PM and 11PM
Salvakiya

Hello everyone... I finally got tired of calling veizons tech support after 7 times and thought I ought to turn to the forums for help.

Our problem:

We have verizon high speed internet. (NOT FiOS).

We should be getting 5mbs download speed

- Taking those into consideration.. We get somehwere between .12mbs and .73mbs between 3PM and 11PM at night

What I have done:

-Reset router

-Changed channel of the wireless singal from automation to 10 and 11

-Turned off all devices excluding one of our pc's to go to www.speedtest.net

-Called verizon tech support... they usually "Fix" the problem... the last time I chatted with them they "fixed it" and we were getting 1.3mbs... the next day it was back to being less than 1mbs.

We have had this problem for quite a long time(somewhere around 3 months). It used to be that I did not access the internet very often in the evening. However with my schedule change at work I NEED fast internet access in the time that it is not fast.

I would really appreciate the help given. I really dont want to switch to Dish for internet....

0 Likes
Re: Slow Internet... but only between 3PM and 11PM
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Salvakiya wrote:

I would really appreciate the help given. I really dont want to switch to Dish for internet....

Not the greatest move there anyways. Dish Internet is Satellite Internet via WildBlue. You're guaranteed to be sitting at 800+ms latency out to the Internet by design of the technology and you're also going to be subject to a "Fair Usage Policy" limiting your data usage per day or month. If you go over the fair limit, you get sent to dial-up speeds anyways. If you go with a Wireless solution, unless you have a decent WISP in your area you're going to be subject to the big carrier data usage policy of up to $10/GB over an already expensive plan.

What you're seeing is congestion. During a congested time, please run a test from this website and provide either a screenshot or a URL to the page. Copy/paste of the page works too but can give mixed results when it is presented here.

https://secure.dslreports.com/linequality

0 Likes