Slow Speeds...3 months of Tech Support..No Results
SLopez3

Hello! I suppose I'll start at the beginning and go from there. I recently noticed my upload speed has been going drastically low during certain parts of the day/night in August. I called Verizon Tech Support and even talked to the Live Chat regarding the issue MULTIPLE TIMES. I've had atleast 5 Technicians come out since then and still no fix.

I pay for 50 mbps UP AND DOWN but get drastically lowered upload speed.

The main reason I am making such a big deal out of this is because I am a Content Director as well as a Streamer so I RELY HEAVILY on my Upload Speed because without it, I cannot do my job.

The first Technician replaced my ethernet cable but since it only happened during certain times of the day there was no way of knowing that solved the problem because he came out during the time my internet was fine.

The second technician came out, he replaced the router hoping that'd fix it....still no fix.

After multiple technicians I've had the router replaced, all ethernet cables replaced, the box cleaned and the switches replaced, even switched the connection from Coax to Ethernet...still no fix!

I saw on the forums that many people had this problem and they've all had it fixed with Verizon replacing their PON Cards. The last technician to come out even mentioned that could be the problem.

My bill came out and they tried charging me for technician fees to which I was shocked considering the problem still exists.

Since August, the problem has been getting worse. The times at which the upload speed would take a dive has become more and more frequent which is why I need this problem fixed ASAP.

On November 13, 2014 I called Tech Support and they in turned talked to a Network Technician and they ran a few tests on my Router remotely, and the next day a ticket was opened. During the weekend I recieved a voicemail stating that my internet problem was fixed, I quickly checked my upload speed and imagine that, the problem still isn't fixed.

I called Tech Support over the weekend asking what the problem was and why they called saying it was fixed when the ticket was STILL open and the problem was still occuring and their response was, " The problem is something in our main office which is closed on the weekend so give us 2 business days and we'll have the problem fixed"

Well today I noticed that my Support Ticket is gone, but the problem still exists. I called Verizon Support again and they in turn talked to a Network Technician but this time, after less than 10 minutes of being on hold they were back on the line saying they recommend sending a technician out to my house which I was shocked. I asked why would I need a technician on-site when EVERYTHING that could be replaced has already been replaced and I also asked if I'd be charged for this and support person replied, " I'm sorry but that is what he( the network technician she talked to) reccommended me to do and I can't say if you'd be charged or not."

In return, I told her I'll have to talk to  a couple more people before having yet another technician come out just to say there's nothing he could do. So now I am on this site hoping I'd catch the eye of an Employee willing to dive deeper into the problem and help me fix this problem as soon as possible. I've asked them to replace the PON card before but never had any results on that end so I don' know what I could do to actually get it replaced as well.

Here are some Screenshots of my upload speed.

Time of Posting This.

http://gyazo.com/615639042ceb0965c7180a8c2d6342b2

11/18/14

http://gyazo.com/1864e3f752a5897dd9af74978f205470

0 Likes
Re: Slow Speeds...3 months of Tech Support..No Results
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes