I've been reading that others have had the same problem of slow downloads and fast uploads but I haven't seen any real solutions.
- Gig Fios is speed tested at https://www.verizon.com/speedtest/ with speeds of 195/884.
- This is with a wired connection on 2 new Mac laptops with gig ethernet adapters.
- Using the supplied G1100 router and direct connection to the ONT.
- I have an older internal ONT1000GJ2 which was built in April 2010.
- The Tech's speed test to the router is showing 980. But I don't beleive this is accurate.
Has anyone been able to have this resolved?
I suspect the ONT.
Call 1-800-VERIZON ask to make sure you are provisioned correctly.
the up to hard wired via ethernet to the Verizon router to verizons server is listed as 940/880 using only their speed test results. Not your own router or on WiFi of any type.
if you see 940/880 on Verizon speedtest site it is all they accept.
in fact if you call they can test from the ONT to their server. If they see correct speed it could be the router, or even any device connected to it. Certain NIC cards don’t give gigabyte connections, or bad settings on the devices etc.