Slow evening speeds
MSnitz
Enthusiast - Level 2

After going through all the threads and comments about slow evening speeds and reading about how slow DSL speeds are in the evening hours, I have come to the conclusion that the overall problem is simply network congestion.  Verizon routers and home office equipment simply cannot handle the increased volume of evening traffic and they are paying more attention to their FIOS accounts than to DSL.  Last night, for example, my speed (using Verizon speed test) was only 335 Kbps at 10 pm.  Yet, this morning at 10 am it measured 728 Kbps.  (Note:  I have 768 Kbps service.)  Other speed tests, however, do indicate much higher speeds than does the Verizon speed test, even in the evenings.

Therefore, all these calls about having a Verizon check your line, waiting for a visit from Verizon tech, resetting your modem,  rechecking your connections, getting your modem specs,  etc., etc. are largely a waste of time.  As long as there is network congestion in the evenings, we are going to have to live with the minor inconvenience of somewhat slower nighttime speeds with DSL..

0 Likes
Re: Slow evening speeds
forrests6

You truly don't believe Verizon should solve this issue?

0 Likes