Slow internet on new CR1000 router
Nickfr84
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi,

Recently my (non Verizon) router started to disconnect more frequently, requiring frequent restarts. When I called Verizon, they identified the (old) router as an issue and sent me a new CR1000. Since installing it, I’ve been getting very slow speeds on some devices, notably my laptop. Verizon support has offered some solutions (turning off ipv6, splitting into a separate 2.4 and 5 network) and all my devices seem to be doing fine except my laptop which continued to get slower (achieving 1-5 mpbs on speed tests) and losing connection intermittently.  It’s an older (5+) dell with an intel wireless that only does 2.4. 
I spoke to another person at Verizon today who said that because my computer is old, it’s not respnding to the new tech in the router and thus I’ll need a different router. 
This is the first I’ve heard of that being a potential issue. I’m open to getting another router but a) are there ofher potential solutions to this problem and b) how do I know what routers may have this problem?

Thanks,

Nick

Re: Slow internet on new CR1000 router
kh-taylarie
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Hi Nickfr84,
Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger
Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking
on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of this page. Response
times may vary. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent.
Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting
you privately.

0 Likes