Slower Internet
happy291
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, I just fixed my modem password problem with no help from Verizon.  And what do I get from that. My speed got hijacked.  The down speed was always 1184 Kbps, now Verizon put it down to 928 Kbps.  I knew that was going to happened.  The Youtube videos take forever playing.  Websites load images super slow.  Rotten.  Verizon likes to play games with the speed.  Cross my fingers, the up speed stayed the same as 448 Kbps.  But  I don't want to jinx it.  Verizon might be reading.  I want my 1184 Kbps speed back.  Looking at websites is boring now.  How do I get it back. A very disappointed customer right now.   Cat Sad

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Slower Internet
happy291
Enthusiast - Level 2

heHi. Well, my speed is back. I called Verizon and they fixed it in about 2 minutes.  Wow.  They control the speed at their support place with a click of a button.  Hope it stays this way.

Here's the new Transceiver Statistics.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

928Kbps on the sync rate is not a speed that Verizon sets. They will set 1184kbps, 864kbps or 512kbps on the downstream. It really just sounds as if your line is out of sync.

Could you get some Transceiver Statistics for us? Getting this fixed is pretty easy one we can determine the problem is not from the line. We'll also make sure Verizon's automated system does not try to turn your speed down.

0 Likes
happy291
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi.  What do you mean?  My speed has been always 1184/448 Kbps.  And that was great.  But Verizon keeps playing with my speed.  I don't want to go through the phone calling ordeal again.  They got me at 928/448 Kbps.  What happened to my 1184.  Pages take longer to open.  And Youtube is slow.  So what Should I give you.  Thanks.  Smiley Frustrated

0 Likes
happy291
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi.  Here is the information you wanted.

0 Likes
happy291
Enthusiast - Level 2

heHi. Well, my speed is back. I called Verizon and they fixed it in about 2 minutes.  Wow.  They control the speed at their support place with a click of a button.  Hope it stays this way.

Here's the new Transceiver Statistics.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not seeing your pictures yet, since a moderator needs to approve them. Just make sure when you get your speed fixed, that Verizon also disables the ASSIA Optimizer on your connection. Otherwise if your stats go south for a few hours due to say, a storm, there's a chance your speed will get turned right back down again.

0 Likes