Slower than advertised DSL activation time
pcarranza72
Enthusiast - Level 1

I signed up for DSL on 2/15, believing the Verizon DSL website's claim that:

"Depending on what options you have selected and what facilities are located at your address, your service will be connected within one to seven days."

My start date is 2/28- 13 days just to connect a new account!

Isn't that false advertising? I made my plans based on the 1-7 day activation estimate.

Live chat is down today 2/26 and the are no supervisors available to talk to due to the heavy call volume. the person I talked to was in a bad mood and unprofessional. Basically, it seems like Verizon does not want to hear about problems from their customers. 3 calls, almost an hour of my time and I have gotten nowhere. A supervisor is supposed to call me back on Mon or Tues but I won't be holding my breath. I already regret choosing Verizon DSL due to the extremely slow activation time and lack of any customer service.

Re: Slower than advertised DSL activation time
Hubrisnxs
Legend

well if it helps at all, I know from experience that the Dispatch centers aren't open for them to change due dates around after like 5 or 6 o'clock.  so you may want to try tomorrow during 8-5 window, and see if you can do this.     I have talked to them on sundays before so they should be able to try    13 days seems excessive