Strange issues
scottevil

Hi 

For the past week I;ve had some strange issues with my connection at first I noticed that my roku netflix box would not connect so I started looking if my xp pc was working and I could go to most web pages except for verizons pages they time out or say server is busy (I have a couple xp pc and they  both act the same way on the same sites.) but on my windows 7 laptop I can get to the verizon sites. in looking at my modem logs it lists alot of dns lookup errors as well as something it listed as a dns dump. I have tried using opendns on my router and both pc's didnt seem to make a differnce with the problem pages. the router is a westell 327w and I also have an actiontec modem avalible. also I have tried to run the home assistant and it will get to a point and say the service is currently unavalible. any help would be great thanks

0 Likes
Re: Strange issues
spoondogger

Much of the internet has been under various attacks over the last week.

Last week, GoDaddy was getting hammered and caused several of our sites on a virtual server to be sporadically slow or unavailable.

Today HostGator was under DDOS attack that flooded much of their system and cause several of our hosted websites to be unavailable for a few hours.

At 11:30 this morning I suddenly became unable to send or receive my verizon.net email using my mail application due to my username/password being rejected. Even while being able to log into webmail.

Something is definitely up out there.

0 Likes
Re: Strange issues
scottevil

Had hoped it would clear up by itself but its not looking like it will still having issues, the largest is still that my roku steaming device will not connect to netflix and Pandora but will play hulu fine I wonder if perhaps something is being blocked, it doesn't seem to be anything on myside. Also router firewall is off there is a lot of dsn unknown host entries as well as "DNS dumps" in my routers diagnostics log.

0 Likes