Technician issue
LucileGraciano

I had my verizon fios set up for my house yesterday.

After talking to the technician, I found out some information about the first technician who came to my house which troubles me.

I switched to verizon after having issues with optimum, as my service with optimum stopped on the 15th, they advised me to schedule that day to be able to discontinue my optimum account in time and have constant acces to internet.

When the Verizon technician came, after looking at my apartment, he told us he could not do the instalation because he needs access to the backyard of my downstairs neighbor, and the backyard of the building next door. 

The downstairs neighbor was there, we had access, but the family in the building next door was not.

I asked the technician, his name was Campbell, if its not possible to do it from my downstairs neigbors backyard, not to mention his nasty attitude, he said there was no way, we had to reschedule, next availibility was tuesday, the 17th.

We now have to go pass our deadline of service with optimum and pay for the full month we are not using. Bad luck, we thought..

Yesterday, technician number 2 comes, looks at me funny when I mention the i backyard of the next building and says all he needs is my building's backyard.

When I explained what happened with Campbell his answer was "Nah, this is wrong, he was just lazy to work on a sunday, he knows he is getting paid 80$ an hour and that he can get away with it, you really dont need the neighbors next door backyard at all, you should file a complaint."

So here I am, having to pay Optimum 60$ for the next cycle I am not using since I have now FiOS, because of a lazy technician who couldnt do his job as planned before my cycle ends.

I need someone to do something about this!

L.Graciano

0 Likes
Re: Technician issue
jonjones1
Legend

@LucileGraciano wrote:

I had my verizon fios set up for my house yesterday.

After talking to the technician, I found out some information about the first technician who came to my house which troubles me.

I switched to verizon after having issues with optimum, as my service with optimum stopped on the 15th, they advised me to schedule that day to be able to discontinue my optimum account in time and have constant acces to internet.

When the Verizon technician came, after looking at my apartment, he told us he could not do the instalation because he needs access to the backyard of my downstairs neighbor, and the backyard of the building next door. 

The downstairs neighbor was there, we had access, but the family in the building next door was not.

I asked the technician, his name was Campbell, if its not possible to do it from my downstairs neigbors backyard, not to mention his nasty attitude, he said there was no way, we had to reschedule, next availibility was tuesday, the 17th.

We now have to go pass our deadline of service with optimum and pay for the full month we are not using. Bad luck, we thought..

Yesterday, technician number 2 comes, looks at me funny when I mention the i backyard of the next building and says all he needs is my building's backyard.

When I explained what happened with Campbell his answer was "Nah, this is wrong, he was just lazy to work on a sunday, he knows he is getting paid 80$ an hour and that he can get away with it, you really dont need the neighbors next door backyard at all, you should file a complaint."

So here I am, having to pay Optimum 60$ for the next cycle I am not using since I have now FiOS, because of a lazy technician who couldnt do his job as planned before my cycle ends.

I need someone to do something about this!

L.Graciano

Call 1-800-VERIZON and tell the customer service reps what happened.

please note having one installer say another installer was "lazy" is not a thing to complain about. You really have no idea what the first installer had to do to hook you in.

it would be speculation to think it was done to make you pay for another month.

the install charges are $80 which if ordered on line can be waived. Doubtful he was getting $80 an hour to just do your install.

since you really cannot say what the first installer had to do, (his story could have been valid) it helps no one to complain when the facts are not known.

0 Likes