The SLOWEST Internet Possible! How Can This Be?
verznsucks11
Enthusiast - Level 1

How is it possible that the fastest internet that verizon can provide to my house is 1mbps? There are literally no other choices but to get the weakest internet that you can possibly get and I live in one of the most populated areas in my state. 

Its not like I live out in the middle of no where ...I don't see how verizon couldn't provide a faster speed when verizon is the biggest internet / phone company in all of America. 

seriously .... 1mbps? Thats it? That is the most pathetic story of internet speed I have ever heard of. 

I would like to know when there is going to be a faster speed available ...i mean ... IF ...IF ...there will ever be a faster speed available. So far everything from verizon has failed me miserably ...the support line is god awful ...the fastest internet I can get is pretty much as slow as dial up ...the tv channels blow ...what the &^Y%^%^&%? 

my location is  .. {edited for privacy}

give me faster internet!!!!! 

Re: The SLOWEST Internet Possible! How Can This Be?
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please contact our customer service team via live chat or email at: http://www.verizon.com/contactus

0 Likes
Re: The SLOWEST Internet Possible! How Can This Be?
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Let's see what the deal is. Visit http://192.168.1.1/ in your web browser. If you have a Westell Modem, choose System Monitoring, Advanced Monitors, and then click Transceiver Statistics. Provide us this information. If you are prompted for a Username and Password, try the following:

admin/password

admin/password1

admin/admin

admin/admin1

If you have an ActionTec modem, log into the ActionTec using the above if prompted and locate the Status page of the ActionTec. It will contain information about the line including speed, attenuation, SN Margins, Max Attainable rates, FEC Errors, etc.

0 Likes