Throttled?
Nineunbuffed1

So today I decided to download my Amazon library to transfer to my home lab.  It's not on the network and I'd rather it remain that way and not mess with what I've got set up for vmware learning.  When I say the entire library it wasn't tremendous.  It took 8 hours to download ~4.75 GB.  It was slow I assumed due to Amazons end, it's the weekend yadda yah.  But we have 75/75 service and it's gloriously fast.  All of the time. Now that I'm done I am getting about 1mbps.  ONE.  So... what gives.  I've traced it, and I've tested all around the world.  1mbps.   

Now that might sound like a big down load, but no.  That's over a long time.  I can download my games that I want to reinstall @ 10MB per second with sizes well over 20GB.  I'm wondering why now after this the speeds here are atrocious.

Should I get my tinfoil hat or am I being throttled for less than my normal usage over the years?

EDIT:

I should add these.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4174150495

http://www.speedtest.net/result/4197288598.png

0 Likes
Re: Throttled?
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Yes, get the tin foil hat. 

Only person that has been throttled on FiOS had a network that looked exactly like this.

Average 50TB a month—which is 30,000 percent higher than average—and Verizon will call.

FiOS customer discovers the limits of “unlimited” data: 77TB ...

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Hubrisnxs wrote:

Yes, get the tin foil hat. 

Only person that has been throttled on FiOS had a network that looked exactly like this.

Average 50TB a month—which is 30,000 percent higher than average—and Verizon will call.

FiOS customer discovers the limits of “unlimited” data: 77TB ...

That dude didn't get throttled, though. He was told to cut down the bandwidth usage due to what he was doing by Verizon.

Nineunbuffed1

Wow yes I saw that article!  Nuts!  Turns out they think it's something here.  To bad I have to wait a week till someone can get here.  It's because we can't be here for an 8-4 window so not their fault.  Will be a VERY slow week though.  No gaming here.

0 Likes