Too long for the internet to get activated
sibatop
Enthusiast - Level 1

I ordered my DSL internet  a week back and they still haven't activated my internet which was supposed to be done Jan 6. But they still haven't done it after 4 days. And every time i call the customer service they say different things. I was supposed to get a call back about my internet activation 3 hours but havent received it yet. I am wondering, does it always take this long for the internet to get activated?

All the customer service rep say, they are checking and checking but no one is able to let me know when my internet is going to be activated. I haven't even used the internet and i am already frustrated. Seems i need to find some other company.

0 Likes
Re: Too long for the internet to get activated
UnnDunn
Contributor - Level 3

In my experience, DSL Service Ready activation does take anywhere from two weeks to a month. The last time I ordered DSL from Verizon (which, admittedly was about 5-6 years ago), I had to wait 6 weeks for it to be activated, because they had to install a new set of DSLAM equipment to serve my street.

That may be what is happening in your case. All I can say is be patient and follow up regularly with Verizon. Activating DSL service is not a turnkey operation.

sibatop
Enthusiast - Level 1

But that is not what the customer service said when i ordered the internet? Who in the right mind will wait for 6 weeks for a internet service in this days. They said i will have internet within 2 days? I wouldn't have even ordered the internet if they said it would take 6 weeks. Not a good thing.

Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Sorry to hear about your trouble and frustration. I would love to help with your situation. I will be sending you a PM with a link. Please include HSI order info related to your account and a good contact number.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

In my area, getting provisioned with DSL takes two weeks tops if additional capacity is available. They usually do run the full two weeks from order to live, but they often activate lines a day early. Getting speed upgrades or downgrades, while they can be done on the spot with the upgraded/downgraded speed there 10 seconds later on the network end, for whatever reason takes a week to go through. It probably has something to do with the billing system. Makes no sense what so ever.

Frontier in my area for speed upgrades typically takes no more than a day or two for changes to be put into effect. They can push speeds on the spot as well. Getting a line hooked up often takes them no more than a few days from order to live, where a technician actually shows up and connects everything for you (lately they've been sending self install kits).

Cable modem service in my area can be hooked up anywhere from next day to next week, depending on the load of the techs.

0 Likes