Tried to Cancel, Conveniently Dropped Call, Another RIDICULOUS Bill
leilanilujan

I called on June 19th to cancel my service. My line (which had no phone attached to it) kept calling 911 and directory assistance... My bill is normally $55, and ended up $190. The next bill was $119. So after being on the phone and sent to several different representatives who kept "transferring me to THAT department," I finally got to someone who could honor my request.

It wasn't until threatening me with imagery of what post-apocalyptic life would be for me without a landline and me repeatedly saying, "just cancel my service," that she agreed to put in my cancellation request.

Conveniently, my call was dropped immediately as those words left her lips.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but when she first got on the line and requested that I confirm my mobile number in case our call was disconnected, that meant a disconnection would result in a call back from that agent.

Nearly a month later, I've had no response from that representative. In fact, the only contact I've had is the generic, "Thanks for choosing Verizon! Here are some helpful links for future use of your service!"

The service I called to have CANCELED.

So, out of spite, I've been waiting for a call regarding my account. Since I never received one, I assumed my final bill was being mailed to me. I can handle not being spoken to when I'm canceling my service.... but I figured the bill was coming.

NOPE. Just received the email notification that my bill is available to view! And guess what? It's not my final bill, but again, my $55 bill is now $128. For an account that should have been shut down.

So, not only do I feel that Verizon is conveniently ignoring my request as to gain more money from me for some sort of problem in the wiring... BUT, as has been the case throughout this entire ordeal, I have the police beating on my door from the hours of 1:00 AM to 5:00 AM.

I fully expect a response regarding this post by someone with some kind of authority regarding my issues. I am being billed for items that are absolutely NOT my doing (as I have NOTHING plugged into my walls TO make it fire off and call 911 and directory assistance) and I've already been put in a position to pay these astronomical bills because not doing so will only reflect on my credit score.

To say I'm disappointed in the service I've received from this company is an understatement. I am highly offended by how I was treated and how I've been completely written off just so it can make another dime.

0 Likes
Re: Tried to Cancel, Conveniently Dropped Call, Another RIDICULOUS Bill
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello leilanilujan,

We'll be closing your private support case for the time being since we have not heard from you for an extended period of time. If you still require assistance, please make a public posting in this thread and we'll be more than happy to begin working with you again.

Thank you,

Art

0 Likes
jsal05

So, what is the fix?

I running into the same problem, I have not phone service nor internet service and I am trying to cancel the service, but they keep dropping the call.

We should not let this company take our money away, and not find help anywhere.

Please give me some ideas of where can I go to file a formal complain.

Thanks

Jorge

0 Likes
leilanilujan

I have been unable to be reached, but I am available at any time today to resolve this issue.

Thanks

0 Likes
leilanilujan

I haven't received any follow up with this matter and now I'm receiving notifications that my account has been suspended.

My account that I called to cancel on June 19th.

Where is the remedy to this situation? I'm told to post publicly, I do, and NOTHING.

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your private support case has been reopened.  Please follow the instructions above to access your case and provide information to the agents working on your case.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

leilanilujan,

We contact the proper team for you and were able to put you in contact with them to reach a resolution, but have not had confirmation from you despite multiple requests. At this time we are closing your Private Support Case. If you have further concerns about your account please feel free to make a new post and we will be happy to investigate for you.

-Adam

0 Likes
leilanilujan

I do not have internet as a result of my whole ordeal, so I can't frequent the forums to check these responses as your forums don't function well with my cell phone.

The call initially was going well, but yes, my call was dropped before speaking with someone in billing about the adjustments I was originally promised.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi leilanilujan,

Would you like us to reopen your private support case?  Would you be able to access the case thread to work with a Verizon agent?

0 Likes
leilanilujan

Would this be happening now, or during regular business hours?

If it's now, I would be all right to work with someone, but after 4:30 A.M. I'm not as sure I'll be able to since the forums always give me trouble on my phone.

0 Likes