Trying to Get Basic DSL
Bixby1

Hello  Verizon,

I have been trying to get basic DSL internet for my 86 year old mother who just moved into an assisted living building.  Verizon already provides basic cable to the building and we got her a verizon phone.  Accordint to the building manager, over 40 of the current residents have Verizon internet.

We have been working for approx. one month now to get basic internet.  On more than 4 separate occasions, we were verbally told the order was entered in the  system and the service would  be turned on.  Each time we called back to check, we were told that no order was in the system.  I finally decided to stop talking to your folks and went on-line to enter the order.  Once on-line, the system told me that service was not available in my area.  I  called again.  While on the phone, I was told that service was available and the order was again entered.  I checked on-line the next day, no order in the system but, it now showed that service was available, so I entered the order myself.  Finally thought I was getting somewhere as I could see the order in the system and even got a tracking # for the install kit.  The kit actually arrived a day early.  The next day, got an e-mail telling me that service could  not  be provided for one of the reasons below.

• Your home is too far from the Verizon central office from which you are served.
  • We have reached capacity for the Verizon central office from which you are served.

So, simple question.  How do I find out if I can get DSL for my mom just like all  the other residents have?  If that can get done, it is a much better value than going with a hotspot service.  I'm honestly done trying to  talk to anyone on the phone about this so you are my last resort.

Thanks

Steve

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Trying to Get Basic DSL
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Bixby,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Trying to Get Basic DSL
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Bixby,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes