Trying to use Asus RT-N 16 router as AP with MI424WR-GEN3I
kivonb1

Hi All,

I have an Asus RT N-16 router which I am trying to use as an access point with the main MI424WR-GEN3I verizon router. I am using a pair of TP-LINK TL-PA4010KIT network adapters to connect the two routers. Have the wired connections working from the Asus router when acting as AP but for some reason the wireless doesn't work. The MI424WR-GEN3I channel is set to 11. Am using the latest stock asus firmware3.0.0.4.374_5517.Can someone please help me out with this. Am at a total loss as to whats going wrong. Please let me know if you need any more information.

I have set the wireless settings as follows:

0 Likes
Re: Trying to use Asus RT-N 16 router as AP with MI424WR-GEN3I
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is the wireless you're trying to connect to initially on the ActionTec or on the ASUS? How is the ASUS configured and how is it being connected to the rest of the network?

0 Likes
Re: Trying to use Asus RT-N 16 router as AP with MI424WR-GEN3I
kivonb1

The wireless is on the ActionTec. The ASUS is just the AccessPoint. Connecting the two using a pair of TP-LINK TL-PA4010KIT adapters, where one of the adapter connects to the lan port of the ActionTec and the other one to the lan port of ASUS. I have just selected the ASUS to be in the AccessPoint mode which has disabled the DHCP. Please let me know if you need any other information.

0 Likes