...UNSUPPORTED BROWSER...????????????
lennonforever

WHY IS THIS MESSAGE APPEARING?

Ever since I upgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate, the message below appears at the top of the Verizon Home Page:

You are using an unsupported browser that verizon.com does not support. For a better experience, please use a supported browser.

Why is this happening? I use Mozilla Firefox, NOT Internet Explorer, and I won't use IE - I despise it.  lennonforever

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: ...UNSUPPORTED BROWSER...????????????
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unless the website is not allowing you to log in, giving you a "Method Not Supported" error, just ignore that error. You can always fake your user agent to match a supported browser for verizon.com if you so wished. I only get a problem logging into MyVerizon using Firefox 9 beta. A user-agent Switcher does the job.

View solution in original post

Justin46
Legend

@lennonforever wrote:

WHY IS THIS MESSAGE APPEARING?

Ever since I upgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate, the message below appears at the top of the Verizon Home Page:

You are using an unsupported browser that verizon.com does not support. For a better experience, please use a supported browser.

Why is this happening? I use Mozilla Firefox, NOT Internet Explorer, and I won't use IE - I despise it.  lennonforever

Have you clicked on the link in the message? It says: "verizon.com supports Microsoft® Internet Explorer 7.x - 9.x, as well as Mozilla Firefox™ 5.x - 6.x and Chrome 12.x on the PC. We also support Safari 5.x on the Macintosh®."

I too am a Firefox user. I am way back on 3.6.24. I get the message on every screen and I just ignore it. Everything works just fine. I think all Verizon is trying to do is encourage us to upgrade to more current versions of our browsers. That way if they implement some function that only works in the more current versions of the browsers it will, or at least should, work.

Is it actually causing you a problem, or are you just curious?

Keller, TX 76248

cruiserad
Enthusiast - Level 1

I a mac user and I'm in worse shape-NONE of the firefox mac versions work! Camino, a Mozilla variant written in mac binary works fine, but I get the unsupported browser banner as well. Linux, the only browser accepted was Chromium.  NOT HAPPY!!!

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unless the website is not allowing you to log in, giving you a "Method Not Supported" error, just ignore that error. You can always fake your user agent to match a supported browser for verizon.com if you so wished. I only get a problem logging into MyVerizon using Firefox 9 beta. A user-agent Switcher does the job.

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over ten years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes