Updated Internet, old hardware
PantherSpawn

Ah, where to begin. A few months back I changed my service from triple Play to double play and upgraded my Internet speed. My first bill after the change was doubled. After calling for three months in a row and being being told different answers each time, being charged for products I canceled, and getting partial credit but never the full credit I was promised I was finally given a slight break on my bill. Only to have my contract expire, then charged $40 per month for use of the set tops boxes required to use the service I already pay for. Does this make sense to anyone? You're charging me, to be able to buy your service.. I don't get it. Not only that, but my upgraded Internet doesn't even test any faster. Still getting under or just at 20mbs via wifi and about 60 on hard line. In this day and age, who uses the hard line anymore? Everything is wifi, and if I can't get more than 20, then what am I paying for 75 for? But I don't dare try to change my services again for fear I might end up with another four months of incorrect  billing. Verizon is turning out to be a joke. If you're not a new customer, they could care less about you. I should be paying less for better services after years of proving I pay my bill on time. Not more, with outdated equipment that you're charging me to use. I'm about ready to go back to dish network, at least they respect long term customers.

0 Likes
Re: Updated Internet, old hardware
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

I can't say much for the TV aspect of things, but for the Internet, the only thing I can say is there's a reason Verizon built FiOS out as a wired service and not a wireless service. It's expected to use a Wired connection when possible when you buy higher speed connections. I also wouldn't even try to go through the trouble of getting an updated router shipped to you if your current one is working fine. A simple $35 access point or Wireless N router setup as a bridge will deliver better speeds Wirelessly than the latest and greatest FiOS router (as of right now). For 75Mbps on Wireless, you'll wind up going this route anyways. Rev. Is with many devices don't seem to push into the 70Mbps range unless you have properly paired everything together.