Upgraded to Gigabit connection but only up to 200 mbps.
Sword7

I recently upgraded to FiOS 1G plan and got Gateway Router purchase (included). I replaced my old MI424WR router with new Gateway G1100 router.  Now I got only up to 175-200 mbps.  I researched them out and learned that my old ONT (Alcatel L211M-K) uses old MoCA 1.1 that handle up to 175-200 mbps only.

I tried to connect Etthernet cable to ONT but it did not work (disabled).

Does anyone have any solutions for that problem?

Thanks,

Sword7

0 Likes
Re: Upgraded to Gigabit connection but only up to 200 mbps.
jonjones1
Legend

@Sword7 wrote:

I recently upgraded to FiOS 1G plan and got Gateway Router purchase (included). I replaced my old MI424WR router with new Gateway G1100 router.  Now I got only up to 175-200 mbps.  I researched them out and learned that my old ONT (Alcatel L211M-K) uses old MoCA 1.1 that handle up to 175-200 mbps only.

I tried to connect Etthernet cable to ONT but it did not work (disabled).

Does anyone have any solutions for that problem?

Thanks,

Sword7

Call 1-800-VERIZON and have them provision you to Ethernet 

0 Likes
Re: Upgraded to Gigabit connection but only up to 200 mbps.
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

+1 to the above post.

If Verizon didn't provision your ONT to Ethernet, and you're still getting Internet through Coax, I'm surprised they didn't have a tech visit to fix that up.

Get some CAT5e, or better yet, CAT6a between your router and the ONT, and have Verizon switch your ONT connection to Ethernet, and verify that you're set to 1Gbps Internet. Leave the Coax connected to your new G1100 router if you have FiOS TV.

If the connection to the ONT isn't the problem, make sure that you're not accidentally testing over Wi-Fi when your computer is wired. Some computers may prefer the Wi-Fi connection over wired when both are present.

0 Likes