VPN connection issues
darnokg

I'm currently utilizing a pfsense router to connect to the internet on my home network. My ISP is Verizon. On occasion I connect to my work pfsense router via Openvpn to access my works internal network. The work ISP is also Verizon.

For three of our workers  OpenVpn connections work just fine. No issues connecting.

I unfortunately can't connect with my work OpenVPN service.  There are no particular rules running on my pfsense firewall. In fact I just reinstalled to make sure it's not a bad config.

I used to be able to connect to my work VPN, but not anymore.

I've also tried disabling firewalls, anti virus programs, different computers etc, no luck. I can access my work network via my phone, IF I'm not on my local home Wifi.

Which indicates some kind of routing issue. I traversed the pfSense forum and received input that:

"This could indicate a miss-routing at your ISP.
Sometimes saw such issues, if both endpoints has the same ISP, but it could also be with another one."

Hence I'm writing here. Yes, both endpoints are in the same ISP.

I can provide IP's, but would prefer to do that over email for security reasons.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: VPN connection issues
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you ping the IPs across the Internet?

If not, that's a routing issue on the WAN. 

If you can, there could be routing issues on the customer routers. Anybody using a CR1000A there?

View solution in original post

Re: VPN connection issues
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you ping the IPs across the Internet?

If not, that's a routing issue on the WAN. 

If you can, there could be routing issues on the customer routers. Anybody using a CR1000A there?