Re: Verizon FIOS Excavation - Irrigation Systems
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@culpepper wrote:

Hi Verizon Support,

Recently some flag markers have been placed in our front yard indicating that Verizon is about to do some digging.  We have an irrigation system and will need to ensure they don't cut into it.  Please let me know what to do.

Many thanks!

Ali

This is a peer support group so nobody here will be able to help you

Plus

you are posting to a thread that was started in 2011

db909
Contributor - Level 3

I don't understand your response.  A FIOS rep replied last August, so you are wrong, this is not soley a peer forum.  The 2011 reference is misleading.   

tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@db909 wrote:

I don't understand your response.  A FIOS rep replied last August, so you are wrong, this is not soley a peer forum.  The 2011 reference is misleading.   

The forum is a peer to peer forum.  It is monitored by some Verizon people, who MAY sometimes comment but mostly will open problem records where necesssary and ask you to follow up there.  The verizon people here are not in the support struction and cannot themselves fix most problems.  They are more knowledgeable about some of the common problems than many Verizon personnel and occasionly can suggest a fix you can implement yourself.

IT IS DEFINITELY slower to report problems here than to directly contact Verizon support.  Sometimes if you already contacted Verizon support and need and escalation, it might help to report the problems here.

0 Likes
mmk2
Enthusiast - Level 2
The best advice that I can give you is to make sure that you have marked your irrigation system so that they are aware. I told the contractor but we still had a problem. Also get the name and contact info of the contractor to contact if you have a problem in the future since a problem with you irrigation system won't show up until you are using it.