Verizon Fios Internet Billing Issue!
Garnet2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Does anyone have a corporate email for complaints? In January I renewed my Verizon services. But I was told that my equipment was now outdated, and the main board needed to be replaced. Being a recent widow, I made it quite clear that my bill could not go up. The rep. continued to try and add on more services, and I had to continue to repeat that I did not want or need any additional services. I was told my bill would go down by $11. But when I refused autopay, my bill would now only go down by $6.

On 2/1 a tech. came and replaced the main board in the basement. The next day my internet was not working. On 2/3 another tech came. He asked if I had requested a router extender. I said no. Well, the first tech installed one and didn’t tell me! The second tech removed it and told me to watch my bill because they charge $12 for the extender.

My bill comes, and I now have a $12 charge for a router. I called Verizon, and they said that they would credit my account and I shouldn’t see the charge again. The next bill comes, and I again have a $12 charge for a router. So yet again I call Verizon and have to explain the story once more. This rep. is trying to tell me that the $12 charge is correct! I now have to rent my router. I have NEVER paid a rental fee for a router. It’s the same router that I have always had. He basically told me that I should be grateful because my bill is still less than it used to be!

My next step is the BBB. If Verizon had told me when I renewed my services that I would now have to “rent” the router that I have always had, I would have said no thank you, and I would have looked for another service provider. Hmmmmm, maybe that’s why they don’t tell you. To me, this seems like mis-leading customers and fraudulent billing.  

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Fios Internet Billing Issue!
jonjones1
Legend
Garnet2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was contacted by customer service, and they were not very nice or helpful. I don't like being made to feel like they are doing me a favor. I pay for the service, and you're not doing up and above what I pay for. But buyer beware, if you've never had to "rent" your router before when you renew your service, you will now see a monthly rental fee for the use of the router, even though it's the same one you've always had. Today I was told by a customer service representative that I should just buy my own router. 

I have been a Verizon Fios customer since the day it was available in our area, that was quite a few years ago. I used to be happy with their product and their service, but not anymore. The time has come to shop around. 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

However in this case telling you to purchase your own router was good advice.

if you rent it will be $144 a year or $288 for a two year term, after its even more to continue to rent from verizon. To keep adding on $144 each year.

you can buy a tp link archer with AC with external antennas for around $70 depending on where you purchase from. Then you save gazillions of dollars from verizons pockets over the coming years. Just make sure to return the verizon router to a verizon fios store and get a receipt showing the serial number etc. time, date of return and showing your account number for a return. Have the store take the router off your account.

they will say they cannot do it but they can and insist it be done. Watch them do it.

0 Likes