Verizon Gigabit Internet Plan not providing promised speeds
WilliamCreamer

Hello Verizon and whoever it may concern,

We pay for the Gigabit Plan which should provide roughly 800 Megabits per second down 800 Megabits per second up. I have been consistently testing and screenshotting those tests for the last few months and all of them end up around 80 Megabits p/s to 100 Megabits p/s. I do these tests around 2am when everyone in my house and most likely my neighborhood is asleep to make sure I am getting accurate readings. I use the Verizon speedtest and I use a cat 8 cable straight into the ONT. We are not getting the internet speeds we are paying for. I have opened multiple tickets about this issue with Verizon support. Every time they say they will have someone contact me, no one does, and the ticket disappears. This has happened twice already, so, I am choosing a different method of communication. Clearly something in my network is configured incorrectly. I believe it is a hardware issue, as, no technician has been able to fix it remotely. Are you sure my network infrastructure has been properly configured for Gigabit Connection? How can I schedule a technician to come examine my home network?

Thanks for your time,

William Creamer

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Gigabit Internet Plan not providing promised speeds
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Hi WilliamCreamer,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes