Verizon Internet Options, wireless, work with alarm system
VZWRocks

I live in a rural area with no DSL, cable, or landline.  I use a Verizon mifi for my home internet connection and my alarm system uses a cellular connection for my alarm monitoring system.  I am interested in upgrading my alarm system to accomomodate the remote arming/disarming features, and possibly to add some cameras but I was told that I needed an always on internet connection.  Does Verizon have an option for this?  Does anyone have any recommendations?  It would have to be Verizon service related or satellite based, as I stated there are no hard lines available.  Any help would be greatly appreciated - I know I'm not the only person with this situation so I'd be interested in what others have come up with.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Internet Options, wireless, work with alarm system
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The only product Verizon sells which acts as an always-on service without DSL or FiOS, is Verizon Wireless HomeFusion "LTE Connected" Internet. There are data limits and it is rather expensive, especially if you rack up overages. The other option is to see if you have a WISP in your area. Or, try ordering something like a T1 and splitting that with neighbors (won't be very fast but it's 1.5Mbp/1.5Mbps).