Westell 6100 internet light goes off about 2-5 time an hour
msrcole

Hello,

I have a westell model 6100 modem and for about a week the internet light has been going off aobut 3 times an hour, it doesnt go red, it just goes black with no light.  i was wondering if there was a way to fix it.

0 Likes
Re: Westell 6100 internet light goes off about 2-5 time an hour
vmpwish
Enthusiast - Level 2

yea my 7500 has been doing same thing for the passed 6 months. sumtimes its 3-5 times an hour and sumtimes it 20-30 times an hours, its rediculous

0 Likes
Calla5711

I have the same problem.  I have the same modem and the internet light has been going out randomly for a few months.  For the past 3 days the light has been completely off so I have no internet,  I have unplugged everything, reset the modem, everything, nothing has worked.  It is very frustrating.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

To all, who posted in this thread...

Log into the Westell at http://192.168.1.1/ from any PC and then do the following, based on what you see.

1: If you see a Red and Black Verizon page with a bunch of information on it, click on the System Monitoring at the top navigation and then choose Advanced Monitors on the Left hand side Navigation. Press Yes past the prompt if any appears, and then choose Trasceiver Statistics.

2: If you see a Blue and White Westell page, select Troubleshooting, DSL, and then choose DSL/Transceiver Statistics.

Provide the Information you see there by copying and pasting it. It will contain information such as Attenuation, Margin, Power Level, and show the modem speed.

Should you be asked for a login, try the following:

admin/password

admin/password1

admin/admin

admin/admin1

Your Verizon Username and Password

The information I'm asking for here will let users who help on this board see how your line is running. If the physical loop is OK, they will have to check into other things. In the past, Verizon tech support agents used to ask for this information over the phone to verify how a line was operating, even though they could probably pull it up from the equipment on their end. Lately it seems that many of the agents no longer ask for this information for whatever reason (either they cannot see it, or are not trained to do so) but it's often a great place to start when slow speeds and disconnects are occurring.

0 Likes
msrcole

Software Version: VER:4.04.03.00 Transceiver Revision: 7.2.3.0 Model Name: C90-610015-06 Serial Number: {edited for privacy} Broadband Connection Status: DOWN Broadband IP Address: {edited for privacy} Broadband MAC Address: {edited for privacy} Broadband Connection Type: PPP Active Status: 00:53:36 Configuration:096-900030-02 A

That is what comes up under that tab when it goes out, also ocasionaly it has been going red after being un-lit for aobut 5 minutes.  And another thing is that the phone line for our home phone has been acting up as well.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

The info that I am/was looking for, has for example this info in it..

Transceiver Revision A2pB020b3.d20h Vendor ID Code 4D54 Line Mode ADSL_2plus Data Path FAST   Transceiver Information Down Stream Path Up Stream Path DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec) 1653 567 Margin (dB) 5.4 9.8 Line Attenuation (dB) 51.5 41.5 Transmit Power (dBm) 19.0 12.4

0 Likes
bbwah
Enthusiast - Level 2

try replacing the dsl modem. i had the same symptoms. it took verizon one month to tell me the dsl modem is bad.