Westell D90-327W15-06 and MacBook Pro wireless internet problem
DavidH84
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Westell D90-327W15-06 modem and I have problems keeping my Macbook Pro connected to it wirelessly.  If someone else starts using the desktop computer after not using it I get disconnected from the router and have to cycle the power on the router to get reconnected and some times I just randomly get disconnected and have to cycle power to get reconnected.  I have no problems when I connect to the internet any where else and I have had my computer's wireless checked in the local Apple store and everything checked out.  Any suggestions?

David

Re: Westell D90-327W15-06 and MacBook Pro wireless internet problem
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader
Considering the age of the 327w, it's a good idea to check what firmware it's running. Go to http://192.168.1.1/ . If you see Blue and White Westell firmware, let me know. If you see Red and Black Verizon-branded firmware, go to System Monitoring and post up the version of the firmware it shows there.
DavidH84
Enthusiast - Level 1

its a red and black page with Verizon at the top and lists 

Software Version: VER:4.04.03.00

on the system monitoring page

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader
OK, I'm pretty sure that is the latest firmware for that particular router. Have you checked over your Wireless settings in the 327w as well to make sure that it is using a clean channel that no one else around you is using? Have you tried changing Security levels on the wireless from the default WEP To WPA or WPA2 (if available), or even temporarily tried unsecured to see if the same problem occurs? Have you checked for driver updates on other PCs?