Westell Versalink 7500 login problem
RichSPK1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was trying to reconfigure my Versalink 7500 router as a bridge last night.  At a couple times I got frustrated and pressed the factory reset button.  Now I can't login to the admin pages.  I've tried the default username "admin" and password "password" (without quotes) many times, as well as the username and password I had set in the past, but none of it is working.  I'm connected via ethernet cable.

Has anyone else gotten a 7500 that wouldn't accept the default username and password after a reset?  Did you find a solution?

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Westell Versalink 7500 login problem
RichSPK1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I assume the problem was browser-related.  I couldn't log in when I was using Chrome on a Windows 7 laptop.  Last night I tried it from Safari on a G5 PowerMac and was able to log in, but I couldn't connect to the internet.  That's a subject for a different thread, though.

I'm not sure what you mean about disabling a walled garden.  Do you mean shutting off the DHCP server on the Westell?  I have done that.

Thanks for the reply!

View solution in original post

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

When you reset the Westell 7500, the default Username and Password WILL be admin/password, however you will then be taken to a page which will ask you to change the password. This is where I assume you are stuck. Set the password to something you will remember, press OK, and see if that allows you to log in.

While you're at it, make sure you disable the Walled Garden on the Westell 7500 before attempting to use the Internet. You can disable it after logging in at http://192.168.1.1/verizon/redirect.htm by pressing the Disable button.

RichSPK1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I assume the problem was browser-related.  I couldn't log in when I was using Chrome on a Windows 7 laptop.  Last night I tried it from Safari on a G5 PowerMac and was able to log in, but I couldn't connect to the internet.  That's a subject for a different thread, though.

I'm not sure what you mean about disabling a walled garden.  Do you mean shutting off the DHCP server on the Westell?  I have done that.

Thanks for the reply!

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Walled Garden is the Activation page that comes up on all websites when you attempt to browse the Internet after resetting the modem. I'm assuming you're trying to Bridge your Westell as to connect another router to it, in which case that Walled Garden needs to be disabled anyways.

0 Likes