When is FIOS internet coming to Illinois?
Furb7

I have been waiting for a couple years now, and have still not hears anything about FIOS internet coming to Illinois or even a rough estimate, the only internet we can get here right now is very slow and unreliable and I'm eagerly awaiting when it will be available in Illinois, and doesn anyone have any idea on when it will?

0 Likes
Re: When is FIOS internet coming to Illinois?
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

FIOS won't be coming to Illinois.

VZ sold off FIOS in Indiana, in addition to their landlines and DSL in Illinois to Frontier.

0 Likes
Re: When is FIOS internet coming to Illinois?
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

As Anti-Phish stated, Illinois is now Frontier's service area. Frontier won't be running FiOS out your way any time soon, unfortunately. Frontier's main goal right now is to try and get people who are without DSL and without clear telephone service up and running the way they should be. Since their core business (Telephone Service) is on a demise and considering they have taken on a new, huge service area, they have a lot of things on their plate and I also imagine money has been stretched. From what I know Frontier is still building out FiOS in existing service areas, but away from that and newer neighborhoods, the most you can hope for right now is a Cable company to show up or for Frontier to bring DSL out to you if they haven't already.

If you have DSL with Frontier, you could visit DSLReports and post up in their Frontier Communications forum. I am a DSLReports member and am also a Frontier customer besides a Verizon customer, so if you do this, the next time I stop by the Frontier forum I'll take a look at what is going on with your connection.

0 Likes